Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day,
I had the centre bearing on my '94 WA Starwagon replaced about 10mths ago. The one that was taken out was obviously shot as the rubber was torn, etc. However after having just recently had some work done where I was able to sus out underneath while it was up on a hoist I noticed that there was considerable movement (about 50 - 60mm up and down, a little less side to side) of the tailshaft if I pushed it around. Is this normal or within an 'acceptable/serviceable' range? I haven't noticed any significant vibration, that is to say that I didn't notice any improvement when the new one was put in. I've seen my mechanic and he reckons it's ok but I thought I would use the brains trust of y'all to get a second opinion. Gotta make a call soon as I've only got a couple of months left on the parts warranty....
Thanks,
Besty

·
Registered
38 Posts
sounds the same and with no problems
there is a photo in my garage of the cai using the air box
way too noisey without it, 80 mm flex pipe with a pvc plumbing reducer 80/100
painted black and fittted in the grill remove the headlight for fitting
its a bit low but no problem with rain
seems to run a positive air pressure around 100kph because it plays around with the vaccum injector of the lpg
stainless 3'' across the top of the motor into the t/b

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Allstar,
The movement in the tailshaft just seemed excessive.
I'm shopping around for bits for the intake at the moment. I'll post a few piccys once I get it in.
Besty

1 - 3 of 3 Posts