Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am a new member and am having trouble with my magna verada 92 model TCM it is locked in limp mode and i have removed tcm and replaced capacitor however the capacitor i installed as directed by local elec shop was not marked pos or neg they said it would be fine ??? anyway i installed it and it still is in limp mode does anyone have any info I am From Tasmania Australia and have inherited the car from my late Father so it is a sentimental repair and any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
1 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (paulwoolley @ Mar 12 2008, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hi i am a new member and am having trouble with my magna verada 92 model TCM it is locked in limp mode and i have removed tcm and replaced capacitor however the capacitor i installed as directed by local elec shop was not marked pos or neg they said it would be fine ??? anyway i installed it and it still is in limp mode does anyone have any info I am From Tasmania Australia and have inherited the car from my late Father so it is a sentimental repair and any help would be appreciated[/b]

G'day
I am a new member as well my 93 tr is doing the same thing!!!!!!!! must be a common problem with them... I have just started to work out what is wrong....... I have a donor car to get parts off..could you tell me where the TCM is located ..it would be much appreciated
I have been searhing this site for days with no luck...thanks Andrew

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
you get a second unit from a wrecker making sure it comes
from the same model as the car you have

on the 4 cyl the tcu is under the floor carpet below the radio

on the V6 Cyl tcu is under the centre of the dash up on the firewall
and it may have a fault with the heater core leaking

the ECU is on the passenger side foot well fire wall

·
Premium Member
3,979 Posts
Multiple things can go wrung with the TCM , not juss the capacitors. There are various power diodes etc that also can over heat or the board itself over heat or short. As chain rattle suggested , try to find one at a wreckers or salvagers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts