Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When a acceleration pedal is not pressed and the gear is switched off, RPM are jumping from 1000 to 1300-1500. Does somebody know where could be a problem?

·
Registered
10 Posts
mate....

the air/fuel mixture needs to be turned clockwise half a turn....

mine had the same problem and that's how the mechanic fixed it...

hope it helps
jimmy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have same problem, and I've been told by dealer that I need a new Idle Speed Control Motor, or an entire ECU ..... expensive ! Any info from you would be appreciated, as I don't want to spend the money & find it doesn't solve my problem. My car constantly "accelerates to between 1300 & 1700rpm , when idling .

W

·
0 Posts
Our cars have a ticking timebomb for an ECU.

If you do not replace the 3 little capacitors inside the ECU, they leak acid on the board and kill it quickly.

Take the ECU out and open the cover. Look at the middle of the circuit board and you will see 3 little blue and black round cylinders. They may smell "fishy" or have brownish goo leaking out the bottom.

That needs to be fixed.

I can do it for you and test all the ISC drivers for $25 plus USPS shipping.

email me at [email protected]

I have been fixing these ECUs and TCUs for over 3 years.

·
Registered
10 Posts
u could possibly have a vacuum leak. my car is doing the same thng. the best way to check for a vacuum leak is 2 use soap and water or wd40 and spray where the sound is comin from and it if u see the bubbles from the soap and water being sucked in thats where ur vacuum leak is. and if thats not it check ur IAC

K

·
0 Posts
As there guys are all rioght LoL ,m its all issues that have happened to many . Lots of times as have mentioned an issue is the Idle Speed Control Valve , ive seen it 2 times on my VR4 and on many other we have worked on. The valve either is working erratic or not at all , and the ECU is doing it as a remedy to try and drop the RPM and "trigger" the ISCV (IACV intake air control valve) to drop the rpm to the recommended range for the operating temperature. Also as stated a vacuum leak can cause the idle to be a little higher than normal , thus the ECU does the same procedure to remedy it and also trigger the ISCV causing teh rpm to flux . Check the PCV vacuum hose and see if its leaking or broken , also the vacuum hose leaving teh intake going to the brake booster and lastlly teh one going frum the intake to teh fuel pressure regulator , on some occasions the diaphram in side teh pressure regulator was busted and teh intake was pulling in fuel into teh intake plenum frum the fuel pressure regulator

1 - 6 of 6 Posts