Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hallo!! I am new to this Mitsubishi community.

I am owner of Space wagon 2.4 GDI 2001, my car still new with 60000KM.
For unknown reason the Timing belt has cut off leading to bending of four valves.
I bought new valves with new timing belt and disassembly the engine head and assembling the new parts and return all the things to its accurate normal position. But after this the engine won’t start again. The mechanic said - there is no electric current comes to the injectors (which open the gates for fuel to enter engine chambers). We checked all the wiring connection.
Is it ECU unite failure or what ……? Third world countries always have more difficulties!!!!!

Sorry for my bad english!

Please help, and I will appreciate any advice.
Regards

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Strange your belt broke so early
Does this model spacewagon have a resettable "accident switch" where if the car is in a crash, it kills power to the injectors?This might be the case,but im not sure if it has it or where it would be......if the above isnt true then i think youll need a new ecu.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by gevo@Sep 14 2007, 10:26 AM
Does this model spacewagon have a resettable "accident switch" where if the car is in a crash, it kills power to the injectors?
[snapback]112139[/snapback]​

Thank you very much for help GEVO , But how could I Know If I have this switch in my car or not And then how to return it to normal state?

I need to check this point first before going to ECU ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Someone told me that disassambling the battary for more than one month was the main reason for this problem, and the internal processor loses the code during losing the electric current (for long period).

Is this true?
Any help, please...

·
Registered
3 Posts
My timing belt tensioner got loosen after our local Servitech station change the timing belt... i'm afraid that Valve might have been bended... i'm from the philippines...really need to fix issue... can you give me tips on how to fix this...my engine after restoring the correct timing belt position and tighten the timing belt tensioner... by engine rattles....

please help...

[email protected]

AALIYAH MARIE REBALDE my daughers name (not included)

·
Registered
37 Posts
is there any movement of fuel as a cut of switch also stops the pump.
does the engine turn over.
have you checked the earthing wires/leads.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hello kabayan humbleshak. i'm just wondering if your problem was fixed already. i met a fellow kababayan who works at mitsubishi philippines and will ask his advice if you still need help. i also owned a '99 chariot grandis which is due for timing belt replacement and others...

cheers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts