Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - we have a 1999 Spacewagon (2.4 GL GDi). Engine management light came on, mechanic diagnosed throttle body problem. We had repaired and refitted it.
After initialising (voltage and all that) problem seems to be gone (although the idling is a bit suspect).... until you switch off the engine. Switch it back on and the engine management light is back, limp mode etc. What could the problem be?
Spoke to a few mechanics but they say they've never seen this before.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
Did you reset the ECU after the repair? You can do this by unplugging the battery negative terminal for at least 30 seconds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes we've tried that - we've now sent the throttle body to be checked by the people who repaired it - we'll see what happens

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2003 Mitsubishi Outlander, I've replaced the "throttle body cylanoid" numerous times. Yet I continue to have trouble with it. Could it be there was some type of recall on this? Or was there some other problem with it? My check engine light comes on months after I replace the cylanoid, and to no avail the code from an analyzing computer says "THROTTLE BODY CYLANOID" I am a female who knows nothing about cars. But I do know this is frustrating and costly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts