Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 98 vrg gdi engine galant has a noise coming from under the hood, and it sounds like the valves ticking. the noise is in the same timeing with the rev. i have done oil changes twice and i still hear that anoying ound. i sounds like an old cars engine. i thought by putting in new oil that would solve the problem but it didnt.

please help

Al-Dean

·
Registered
8 Posts
yup, it is indeed.

You can get some effective stuff for it, as the xedos has the same problem on the v6

Try your local motor store for something to quieten it down

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's a common problem with the early mitsubishi engines, as said above it's hydraulic lifters getting old and/or clogged. I've tried various additives, none do too much, but may pay to try a product called MBL8 made by Pro-Ma. Its an oil additive. If in Aust, call them on 1800 800 802, or 09 526 5318 if you're in NZ, they should be able to tell you where you can get it near to where you are. No quick answer on this problem, you have to find a solution that works for you based on how bad your hydraulic lifters are. If nothing works, you will either have to just put up with it, or get them replaced ($$$).
Best of luck,
Simon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have the same thing with my 96, i am assuming they all have the hydralic lifters? also is there something i can pick up at a local chain parts store? thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts