Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 02 lancer OZ with 102,000 miles. The timing belt has never been replaced so I am going to get that done. I went to get a quote for it and they told me I should replace the water pump at the same time because there would be no additional labor cost. He also said that he did not know if I have a hydraulic tensioner but if I did I should replace that also. I was wondering if I actually have one and are they reliable or should it be replaced?

·
Registered
71 Posts
yes you do have a hydraulic tensioner but only for the timing belt. It should be good to use again unless there is a leak or no comression in the tensioner. You shouldn't be able to compress it with your hands.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all,

I'm new member to this forum and I'm loving it so far. My car 2002 Lancer hits 60,000 miles soon. Could you tell me what are the MANDATORY maintainence required?? like timing belt, plugs, tranmission fluid etc?

Also I was suggested to replace ' speed senor', because my 'check engine light' is ON most of the time. But I'm driving my car as usual except some times I hear more engine noise!!. NOT replacing Speed senor will pose any trouble to me?

thanks

Keka Man

·
Registered
2 Posts
Change the water pump at the same time as the timing belt otherwise you'll have the same labor costs again when the water pump fails!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts