Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I’m not sure how to post pictures but the other day I put a new timing chain on it was all marked up spot on and when I turned it on it jumped a good bit. My question is the upper guide piece (orange plastic tab) on top by cams got broken by accident while taking it out and can’t get in anywhere but guy at the dealer said it’s irrelevant now anyway. Was he right or am I screwed? Do I need that guide piece? I don’t think I turned the crank enough before I put it all back together either. I think it’s 12 turns right? But just trying to clarify if I need that little piece before I redo it over again. Appreciate anyone’s advice!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I figured it out. The shop I had put my newer motor a few months back re used the camshaft bolts and looks to be head bolts. Probably everything but those 2 for sure. Cam and phaser are both chewed to hell and back. I’m ready to just swap a built motor in already and be done with this horseshit. A little obvious advice for anyone who reads this don’t re use torque yield bolts!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts