Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought your product in Sept 2004 & paid cash (not financed) when I could have bought Honda, Nissan or Toyota (I have had several) or Subaru and judging by the declining sales numbers year after year :
Year Production Sales (USA only)
2003 48,987 39,181
2004 19,448 20,920
2005 22,403 18,568
2006 18,097 14,043

it would make sense that MMNA take care of its current customers instead of focusing their marketing to new unsuspecting potential buyers.

With so many choices out there, People don't have to buy your product and are too painfully aware of the potential Daewoo situation if you decide to pull out of the NA market.

Even though I am in Southern California (where you have corporate HQ) and car capital of the US, there are now much less dealers (and the ones left have no customer service except to capitalize on our misfortune of owning a Mitsubishi).

Pomona Mitsubishi closed 2 months after I bought my vehicle there (I asked if they were closing and they of course said No -we're gonna be here a long time -sales are good- a lie) the same owner closed Ontario Mitsubishi a few years later (bad sales & nearby Toyota dealer needed the extra space) so now that jerk dealer owner is 50 miles away in Norco and the only nearby dealer is 20 miles away at Puente Hills (a dealer that has not had a working alignment machine in 5 years & still doesn't) As you know within 25 miles their are only 3 dealers (all with bad service) and living in So Cal it takes at least a 40 min drive one way to any of them

So we're left wondering what kind of operation Mitsubishi is running here? Instead of taking care of customers, MMNA prefers to waste their money on bad ads instead of ones that would win over people such as me- who took a chance on Mitsubishi when I could have bought anybody else. And now really regret that when I could have at least 10 Toyota, Honda or Nissan dealers within 25 miles.

The Endeavor is a good (not great) SUV that has some good qualities, unfortunately a good dealer network and mfg support is not one of them.

No aftermarket company makes anything for it, I cant even get new shocks/struts because no one: Monroe, Gabriel, Bilstein, KYB, Tokico etc

·
Registered
23 Posts
Did you actually put that in a paper (effective) letter or just hang it out on here where they won't read it?

Even if they cared, they don't read this stuff.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're probably right, but I hope that other people that have read this share my frustration with Mitsubishi and how they are marketing and servicing their product.

And if by some miracle they actually do respond here ...

A 10 year/100,000 mile does zip good if the company/dealer won't fix anything or ...

Thats the only reason they brought the EVO over so the dealers wouldn't defect

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by EndeavorSUV@Feb 2 2008, 06:02 PM

No aftermarket company makes anything for it, I cant even get new shocks/struts because no one: Monroe, Gabriel, Bilstein, KYB, Tokico etc
[snapback]139465[/snapback]​
This solves my question - I've been searching all over internet and nobody!
The dealer wants $350 for each front!!!
With that price I can get Bilstein x my honda!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Originally posted by EndeavorSUV@Feb 2 2008, 07:02 PM
I bought your product in Sept 2004 & paid cash (not financed) when I could have bought Honda, Nissan or Toyota (I have had several) or Subaru and judging by the declining sales numbers year after year :
Year  Production  Sales (USA only)
2003  48,987  39,181
2004  19,448  20,920
2005  22,403  18,568
2006  18,097  14,043

it would make sense that MMNA take care of its current customers instead of focusing their marketing to new unsuspecting potential buyers.

With so many choices out there, People don't have to buy your product and are too painfully aware of the potential Daewoo situation if you decide to pull out of  the NA market.

Even though I am in Southern California (where you have corporate HQ) and car capital of the US, there are now much less dealers (and the ones left have no customer service except to capitalize on our misfortune of owning a Mitsubishi).

Pomona Mitsubishi closed 2 months after I bought my vehicle there (I asked if they were closing and they of course said No -we're gonna be here a long time -sales are good- a lie)  the same owner closed Ontario Mitsubishi a few years later (bad sales & nearby Toyota dealer needed the extra space) so now that jerk dealer owner is 50 miles away in Norco and the only nearby dealer is 20 miles away at Puente Hills (a dealer that has not had a working alignment machine in 5 years & still doesn't)  As you know within 25 miles their are only 3 dealers (all with bad service) and living in So Cal it takes at least a 40 min drive one way to any of them

So we're left wondering what kind of operation Mitsubishi is running here?  Instead of taking care of customers, MMNA prefers to waste their money on bad ads instead of ones that would win over people such as me- who took a chance on Mitsubishi when I could have bought anybody else.  And now really regret that when I could have at least 10 Toyota, Honda or Nissan dealers within 25 miles.

The Endeavor is a good (not great) SUV that has some good qualities, unfortunately a good dealer network and mfg support is not one of them.

[snapback]139465[/snapback]​
this is funny.

you want mitsu dealers to stay open even if they're loosing money? you DO realize dealers are INDEPENDENTLY owned, and mitsu doesn't have much say in whether they stay in business or not. If they're loosing money, mitsu doesn't "support" them and hand them cash.

your strange remarks about marketing to others is also based in imagination land, as the ONLY way a business will build is if it gets a larger customer base.

so basically you're whining because you need to drive 20 miles.
And you're complaining about the lack of aftermarket componants? are you serious? How is that in anyway Mitsus responsability?

Why not be a big boy and deal with the fact that you actually have to take a shred of responsibility when it comes to dealing with things like your automobile. Yep, you may actually have to accept the fact that you will have to lift a finger if the car needs a repair.

by the way, the lack of an alignment machine at a dealership is quite normal, as most dont have them. There is precious little to align on any modern car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts