Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, was just wondering if anyone has experience of towing a trailer or tent trailer with an Endeavour. We are just about to buy a tent trailer with a dry weight of about 2,200lb. The Endeavour AWD has a max tow capacity of 3,500lbs but we have been told that you cannot fit a weight distribution hitch to an Endeavour so the whole load is going to be on the tow bar.

Would like to hear from anyone who has towed with their Endeavour and how they found it.

Thanks folks

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a Draw tite with a brake controller (total incl install $650) checking websites they say a weight distributing is avail to take it to 5,000?>

I havent towed with it yet

so whos telling you different? did you bother to research and call Draw Tit or Reese ?

BTW what kind of tent trailer? how much? what area ? alternatives? looking to get one also

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Mitsubishi dealership fitted the tow hitch and it actually says on the hitch - do not use a weight distribution hitch.

We are looking at a Starcraft Tent Trailer which will cost about $11,000 including bike rack, fitting of brake controller and wiring for the car. We are based in North Vancouver and we are buying the trailer from a dealer in Abbotsford.

·
Registered
16 Posts
sounds like you got the factory tow hitch, the Reese or Draw tite looks better, some sites have the install instructions

I would still contact Reese or Draw tite to see if weight distributing can still be used, but probably not with the factory

1 - 4 of 4 Posts