Mitsubishi Forums banner

Trailer Towing Question

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  zeeshan 
#1 ·
I just acquired a 2008 LS 2WD with 20k on it. I will be installing a Class 3 hitch for occasional light duty towing. I see in an earlier post that this vehicle already has a tranny cooler - is that what "trailer towing preparation" means in the literature, or is there more to it than that?

Also, an earlier post referred to some kind of power management software which can be used to modify the shift behavior. Would appreciate any specifics about this.

Many thanks.

#2 ·
means the tranny cooler is laready ther and the car is prewired for the mitsu hitch
the connector is in the left rear hatch area
all u need is the hitch from mitsu no butchering of the wires needed....
and u may have to have to have the dealer enable the hitch in the etacs with the scanner so that it operates... if i remember correctly

#3 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SRSONE @ Jul 6 2009, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
means the tranny cooler is laready ther and the car is prewired for the mitsu hitch
the connector is in the left rear hatch area
all u need is the hitch from mitsu no butchering of the wires needed....
and u may have to have to have the dealer enable the hitch in the etacs with the scanner so that it operates... if i remember correctly[/b]
nah, not on the endeavor.

just plug it in and go.

#4 ·
I've got an '06 AWD with a factory tow package & receiver, 7-pin connector and a brake controller for the electric brakes on my trailer. What are you planning to haul? So far I've pulled 3000 lbs over hill and dale for the past 2 summers without any issues...other than really poor fuel economy...then again...I didn't by the Endy cuz it sipped fuel!!

Cheers,

G.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.