Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! It's been a while since I've been on here and everyone was so helpful last time RE: my overheating issues that I figured..... why not post something new? Well, we still have the '00 Galant and it just hit 150K miles. I've noticed something over the last few weeks though. It feels like the trans is slipping (or jerks or lunges forward slightly) when transitioning from 30-35 mph or 35-40 mph. I haven't had the trans flushed yet but that may be my next step and hopefully that will resolve the issue. Any thoughts or input?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think it may be missing a bit, you should check your leads (or if it is a GDI check your stalks). I had this problem, and it ended up only costing $125 to fix

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm having this same issue with my Galant (92,500 miles) and I took it in a week ago to have them look at it, and they didn't even hook it up to a computer or anything and told me my transmission was gone with internal damage in fact freaking me out because I don't have $2000 for a new tranny.

Now what I noticed on their 'quote' was that it was written "misfire in 4th cylinder"

What does that mean? And does that have anything to do with my Transmission?

Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

J

·
Registered
11 Posts
Jules74 and Jenni707

I wonder if you all have fixed the problem yet, because, I started having the same issue as well w/ my Galant 03 4cyl 96K. After I drive it for a while, it starts jerking when going up from 2'nd to 3'rd gear and when shifting down from 3'rd to 2'nd as I press the brake. If you could tell me what you've found out, that would greatly help me.

Thanks,
Shak

·
Registered
484 Posts
i just think the galants just has a problem with the trans because my ****s is abought to go, ya but my 99gtz has 240,000 yaya i know its a **** load
any one know hot to swap it wit a 5 speed

·
Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by sh_isman@Sep 5 2008, 11:43 AM
Jules74 and Jenni707

I wonder if you all have fixed the problem yet, because, I started having the same issue as well w/ my Galant 03 4cyl 96K. After I drive it for a while, it starts jerking when going up from 2'nd to 3'rd gear and when shifting down from 3'rd to 2'nd as I press the brake. If you could tell me what you've found out, that would greatly help me.

Thanks,
Shak
[snapback]201369[/snapback]​

naw, i still havent gotten mine fixed, but found out that it's only my spark plug, which I can't fix until I fix my "o" rings that are causing oil to leak onto my 4th plug. I don't have the money right now. But yeah, it sounds like your car just needs a tune up. Let me know how yours works out. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
It doesn't really seem to be the spark plug issue with that particular slippage of my Galant, although it is almost (recommended) time to replace the spark plugs (at 100K miles). The reasons for my suspicion are:

- problem is only occasionally happening, after driving the car for a while (say about 30-40 min). I would expect the spark plug to misfire by then.
- strangely, the air conditioning seems to have a connection with this problem. Because, it usually starts after the AC is on for some time.
- when the car jerks during shifting up/down, I feel it is coming from the transmission itself rather than the engine misfire.

I am guessing (or rather hoping) that it is the transmission fluid, which is recommended to be changed every 30K mi. So, I plan to change it myself once I get a chance and see if it resolves the issue, or else, I will check the spark plugs as well.

Cheers,
---------
Shak

·
Registered
484 Posts
Originally posted by Jenni707@Sep 16 2008, 02:14 PM
naw, i still havent gotten mine fixed, but found out that it's only my spark plug, which I can't fix until I fix my "o" rings that are causing oil to leak onto my 4th plug.  I don't have the money right now.  But yeah, it sounds like your car just needs a tune up.  Let me know how yours works out.  :)
[snapback]205033[/snapback]​
wtf
i took my car apart last night just to change my spark plugs
when i got to the back ones i find out that they are the stalk ones that came with the car wtf thats crazy 240,000mil motor with half the spark pluse that came with the car in 99

i dont think its your sparkplug man but ok

·
Registered
9 Posts
My 2001 Galant (105,000 ODO) is no exception - if the car's accelerating up a hill and downshifts from 3rd to 2nd because of the climb, I hear a rather disquieting slip. My car also shifts late somewhat frequently, the engine spiking to 3000 - 3500 rpms for a second or two before finally upshifting (again, from 2nd to 3rd). I know the model doesn't really have a great track-record for transmissions... is any of this at least relatively normal?

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bluestone120 @ Sep 16 2010, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
My 2001 Galant (105,000 ODO) is no exception - if the car's accelerating up a hill and downshifts from 3rd to 2nd because of the climb, I hear a rather disquieting slip. My car also shifts late somewhat frequently, the engine spiking to 3000 - 3500 rpms for a second or two before finally upshifting (again, from 2nd to 3rd). I know the model doesn't really have a great track-record for transmissions... is any of this at least relatively normal?[/b]

i would first suggest a full trans flush (if one has not been done)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts