Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My 2018 Outlander was purchased in January 2018. It is the SE, V6 anniversary edition. As long as I have had it, I often notice the transmission shifting out of gear after I have been stopped for a while. I can feel the car kick as it goes into neutral (it is an automatic). Similarly, sometimes after stopping and putting it in park, I can feel it kick. I even witnessed it bounce up one time after this occurred when I was out of the vehicle.
I also think the gas mileage on this more Eco Friendly model than I previously had (2016 V6 auto), is worse than on my old vehicle.

Any thoughts or observations would be welcomed. The dealer tells me the transmission is not expected to adjust immediately after stopping and that the mileage is due to increased vehicle weight for this model and year. Seems to me like an easy excuse.

Michelle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Would you call it a surge? Does it happen when accelerating. There is a tsb about a transmission surge that may occur. It doesn’t quite seem like your descritption completely, but maybe. Look on nhtsa at the tsb listings for your vin.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts