Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like my 2010 Sportback Ralliart needs transmission fluid and filter changed. Service engine soon came on and the code it got is P2809. From what I see it says i should get the fluid and filter changed. Just curious as to how often this should be done? I'm having a hard time finding anything that says how often it should be changed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shouldn't I be experiencing some serious issues if the transmission is screwed? Only problem i have is the code. Seems to still shift fine. I've had a couple moments where I thought it was maybe a little off. But if the fluid and filter are old wouldn't that cause it to act different?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Shouldn't I be experiencing some serious issues if the transmission is screwed? Only problem i have is the code. Seems to still shift fine. I've had a couple moments where I thought it was maybe a little off. But if the fluid and filter are old wouldn't that cause it to act different?
The solenoid may have stuck once and then became unstuck. It set the light off. Try erasing the code and see if the light comes on again.
You have the SST transmission in your Ralliart. I think, (not sure) the SST Transmission fluid and filter needs to be changed every 60,000 miles You also need to change the transfer assy oil and the differential oil. If you have AWC, change that fluid, too.
For the best price go to Ebay and search for "Genuine Mitsubishi TRANSMISSION TRANSFER DIFFERENTIAL FLUIDS & FILTER PACKAGE"

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The solenoid may have stuck once and then became unstuck. It set the light off. Try erasing the code and see if the light comes on again.
You have the SST transmission in your Ralliart. I think, (not sure) the SST Transmission fluid and filter needs to be changed every 60,000 miles You also need to change the transfer assy oil and the differential oil. If you have AWC, change that fluid, too.
For the best price go to Ebay and search for "Genuine Mitsubishi TRANSMISSION TRANSFER DIFFERENTIAL FLUIDS & FILTER PACKAGE"
Thanks for the feedback! I've already gotten transmission fluid and filter to change sometime soon. I'll check out the others as well! I do have AWC too. Im driving it to the place I bought it from tomorrow and they are going to check it out. The car is at 93k and I'm wondering if its even been done yet. But like I said I don't have any issues other then the light being on. So im hoping its nothing major and just some fluid changes needed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts