Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2004 Endeavor LS with AWD with 78,000 miles. I carefully maintain the car. Because I sometimes tow, I flush the tranny every 15,000 miles. The color of the fluid says the mechanic is bright pinkish red. I wisely tow below the 3500# limits. Lately, I have noticed a shutter in the tranny at very low speeds. This happens intermitenly and goes away at higher RPM's. This is happening while not towing. I read in the forum about a computer for the tranny. Is this an issue where I may have to reprogram a computer on the tranny or is this a pump problem or something else. Like I said there is absolutely no dark color in the fluid nor does it have a burnt smell. Please advise.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
when towing you select 2nd or Drive depending on the driving conditions

if you leave it in drive the TCU unit trys to change the box up and down under load

so try to hold the gear in its manual position when going up or down gradiant

the long term problems will come at higherusage of km with the auto box

solenoids in the box and its torque converter

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whether it is a solenoid problem or a torque converter problem.....what does that entail? Removing the tranny? Replacing just the torque converter? Doe this take hours, days or weeks to resolve?

·
Registered
11 Posts
You could try disconnecting the positive terminal from your battery overnight. This should reset the computer and it will reprogram itself over several hours of driving and this may change whatever it was doing to cause the shudder. If it doesn't improve anything, at least it didn't cost anything.

·
Registered
80 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lewdwig @ Jun 10 2008, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You could try disconnecting the positive terminal from your battery overnight. This should reset the computer and it will reprogram itself over several hours of driving and this may change whatever it was doing to cause the shudder. If it doesn't improve anything, at least it didn't cost anything.[/b]
I am curious I have had a shudder on my 2wd for the longest especially in 2nd gear. I too have the tranny flushed at Mitsu dealer every 15k. once at high speeds it goes away but it's very annoying when you are on a road with many lights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts