Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, just wondered if anyone can help. My year 2000 Spacestar 1.8 GDI has failed to start on two occasions. Both times the car fired up, then immediately died and then just turned over. The first time I called a friend for advice and a few hours later went back to the car to check a few basic things and the car started fine straight away without me doing anything. It was fine for a couple of weeks but then the same thing happened again. This time I called a garage and they came and collected the car. At the garage the car started first time, they have had it over a week and every time they try to start it it fires up no problem, also no fault has been logged on the engine management system.

Just wondered if anyone has expierenced anything similar and if so what the cause was.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just thought I'd add that 6 visits to the local Mitsubishi service centre, a new immobiliser, a new key and a reconditioned throttle body later and the problem is still persisting. They seem to be at a bit of a loss and I've lost all confidence in the car. Anyone got any other thoughts? I'm getting desperate!!

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts