Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my 2003 EVO VIII. Its in mint condition stock, but I need to put a turbo timer on it. I don't always have time to sit and wait for it to cool. What turbo timers do you recommend and why? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
It's not really necessary for common every day driving. It's more for letting the turbo cool down after driving hard or racing. I bought the black greddy turbo timer as well as the harness for $125 shortly after i bought the car. I still haven't installed it, and i've had teh car almost 2 years. Don't let yourself think you're hurting anything by not letting your car cool down after getting home from anywhere but the track basically. You can get them almost anywhere...

http://evomoto.com/index.php?cPath=4&osCsi...6815e27f2a0af36

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, for sure. I'm not worried about it for everyday driving...I'm looking for one for when I drive the **** out of it. :grin: Any more suggestions? Also, did you install your own? Is it very complicated?

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
I got one in my car... when i think back on it, its a waste of money. if you don't have a lead foot or stop light racing then it is pointless. if you are always on the turbo then maybe.

If you want to play it safe then just do the following. when you are about to get to point B, just low down and don't let the turbo boost. just drive about a mile or so, easily and you should be good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts