Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

For all the obvious reasons (search google for all the BADs of using it), I need to turn it off. How, anyone? Thanks.

zmu

·
Registered
8 Posts
Man i tried anything to turn that ****ed lights off. I went to my dealer and he said LIVE WITH IT what tha fu&$#%$"# is that??. i don´t know why many other cars comes with the same stock lights system but they sure can turn them off. Face it we don´t live in Europe at least in San Diego area =) sorry about the guys in northern states.
good luck in the advance and i hope that someone tells me how to disable this crap
see ya later

·
Registered
3 Posts
Originally posted by mrhummer27@Sep 10 2007, 11:06 PM
good luck in the advance and i hope that someone tells me how to disable this crap
see ya later
[snapback]111614[/snapback]​
LOL
I had the opposite problem - my diesel Mitsu came with DRL being inactive :) Finaly it's solved.
So, you cannot disable this crap :) It can only be done at Authorized Service Point by some kind of reprogramming. Just ask it!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Originally posted by zmu@Sep 9 2007, 10:17 AM
Hi,

For all the obvious reasons (search google for all the BADs of using it), I need to turn it off. How, anyone? Thanks.

zmu
[snapback]111445[/snapback]​
what "bads" are those? The added safety you get from them?

People need to stop rethinking this stuff. Why not disable those awful seatbelts and airbags why you're at it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Have you ever read one of those articles trying to prove that DRL are bad? I have yet to read one where the author sounded as if he or she at least finished grade school...

If you absoutely can't stand the fog lights being always on, take out the bulbs...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Before you rush to turn off what is generally considered to be a safety feature of your vehicle (whether you agree with it or not) you may want to consider what effect it will have on your insurance. I don’t know the answer, but I do know what happens to people’s insurance when they don’t wear seatbelts, its not good.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Disable that blaring light thats always on because the airbag is disabled. I only need the reminder once not the entire drive. Also the fact they have that icy road warning sound go off when its cold outside. Distracts you from the road with a hazzard warning. sorry just venting about two stupid features.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was successful at disabling DRL on my Toyota, by simply pulling a fuse.
I guess it is not that easy on my new Mitsu, I'll keep looking though. :right:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've read the arguments against DRL's and the only one that makes sense from a safety standpoint is if the glare from your DRL's is "blinding" the drivers of cars/motorcycles coming towards you. DRL's are not that strong (like your bright lights are) and if they were causing that problem you need to get them re-aimed. The other argument is if you are driving into a drive-in movie when the movie is already playing, or going down a street where there is a house ahead of you, the lights could be annoying to others. Thats true it would be annoying, but certaintly not a strong enough argument to do away with DRL's.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My reason for disabling DRLs is based on having a lot of biker friends, who tell stories of being ran off the road by distracted drivers. Bikers used to be able to use the headlight to gain additional visibility on the road, ever since cars were equipped with DRL they say the bike lights are not as helpful anymore.

I think Outi has enough presence on the road and does not need the help of the lights.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Originally posted by solamo@Sep 11 2008, 11:49 AM
My reason for disabling DRLs is based on having a lot of biker friends, who tell stories of being ran off the road by distracted drivers. Bikers used to be able to use the headlight to gain additional visibility on the road, ever since cars were equipped with DRL they say the bike lights are not as helpful anymore.

I think Outi has enough presence on the road and does not need the help of the lights.
[snapback]203296[/snapback]​
that is a TOTAL crock of crap.

You know what? Im a biker. That is so far the dumbest reason ive heard on these boards for disabling them.
those that think it doesnt help? YOURE WRONG.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You need to turn off your lights at a drive-in theater. If you need them off while not driving, turn off your car, put on your parking brake and then hold down the brake pedal while turning on your car. When you take the parking brake back off though the lights come back on. In a lot of cars the daytime light is different than the headlight so just unplug it as if you were going to replace it. These lights though are not just there to help the driver but to allow other people to see you, to protect you from a possible accident that someone else may cause. This is also why we are supposed to drive with our lights on at dawn/dusk and in bad weather, why don't people ever get that?

·
Registered
2 Posts
You need to turn off your lights at a drive-in theater. If you need them off while not driving, turn off your car, put on your parking brake and then hold down the brake pedal while turning on your car. When you take the parking brake back off though the lights come back on. In a lot of cars the daytime light is different than the headlight so just unplug it as if you were going to replace it. These lights though are not just there to help the driver but to allow other people to see you, to protect you from a possible accident that someone else may cause. This is also why we are supposed to drive with our lights on at dawn/dusk and in bad weather, why don't people ever get that?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks this actually worked I turn my parking brake on while car was still on then I turned it off ... with parking button illuminated I pressed the brake and turned car back on and wahla it's OFF finally the parking lights are off while vehicle is on and I'm sitting in my car enjoying heat without anyone knowing I'm in the vehicle 💎THANKS💎

1 - 15 of 15 Posts