Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in getting a lambo kit but the ones made for the 06 Eclipse, are over a thousand dollars but I see the universal kits, are they any good? Are they difficult to install and what adjustments will I have to do to make it work. I want the bolt on type, I feel better knowing I can always reverse the procedure. Thanks
:beer:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got great responses to my question is what is rolling the bumper. The responses said I would have to do that, well what is it? I've seen universal kits as low as 350 on ebay and only 50 dollars shipping and handling. One of the sellers said it would work on my car, check it out and tell me what you think. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EURODEZIGNS...sspagenameZWDVW
This sounds alot better than a grand to open the door.

·
Registered
322 Posts
those will work but im sure bolting them on might not be the only thing, i think you might have to do some welding as well. also the part about rolling the fender ill try to explain.

i dont have any pictures so here is the best detail i can give you. when you open your door and look at the fender you will see a lip that looks like it goes into the car area. basically what your going to do is when you take off the fender your going to cut or roll that inch or inch and a half in so that when you open up your door it wont rub on it. best thing to do is get a dremmil and cut it out but leave a little there so people dont see it much. when i get home ill try to take pictures of my car with the doors up and showing the fender area that has to be rolled.

also remember paying that little usually isnt that good of an idea. best saying i can give you is you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
322 Posts
hate to bust that one.

http://www.customautotrim.com/bodykits/lam...d_lambo_kit.htm

also here is what you have to do for them.

"AutoLoc Heavy Duty Standard Lambo Hinge Kits Features:
Manual Opening and Closing of Doors - Vertical Lift Kit requires opening and closing of doors by hand.

> NEW Heavy Duty design can accomodate large trucks and SUV's as well as all cars. Converts your two front doors.
> AutoLoc's NEW J Arm design allows for smoother movement and improved vertical lift.
> 90 Degree Hinge Kit provides 90 degree vertical lift.
> 130 Degree Hinge Kit provides mulitiple lift points that adjust from 60 degree lift up to 130 degree vertical lift.
> NEW Univeral Desgin allows you to drill to match the bolt pattern of your car or truck and create your own bolt on kit!
> Arms and base plates detach for ease of installation.
> Finish Welding will allow supreme strength and ensure years of shift-free operation.
> Lambo Hinge Kit can be removed to put vehicle back to stock operation.
> Requires Professional Installation by Professionals experienced in show car, hot rod type customizing work.
> Requires drilling to accomodate your vehicle. Modifications to vehicle are required including, but not limited to rolling of fenders.
> Mfgr AutoLoc Technical Support Hotline."

this is from that link i just paisted and the price is as follows.

90 Degree lift kit Reg 1499.99 sale 899.99
130 degree lift kit reg 2299.99 sale 1419.99

price is lower by a little but you have to do more work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bro...have I got a deal for you! I have a set of lambo door hinges from Vertical Door brand new in the box. My Sales department stuck me with them after they decided not to use the kit on a showroom piece. We paid $1200.00 for the kit I'll let them go for $450.00 plus shipping.
Let me know [email protected]

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I guess no one checks the group buy section anymore? I sell a very high quality door kit that is a weld on style for the 4G. You NEVER want to use a "bolt-on" kit as they will have a wobble in the wind and aren't nearly as sturdy and safe as they should be.

NEVER take the easy way out. If you plan to install something, install only the best and safest products. Also, the doors I offer are a true 90-degree style, not the partial 45 degree stuff you see.

www.sc-customs.com

·
Registered
322 Posts
thats pretty funny cause i have seen the weld on and they wobble just as much as my bolt on. not to mention with bolt on you can reverse it with out doing any major changes. with weld on you have to get the weld off. also if yours went 90 degrees im sure you would have to do a little more work with the fender unless it bends out more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts