Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all you guys and girls out there who want to do modifications to their 3G, I have made a list of a number of parts that you can start with. These are parts that I would recommend. If there are other parts that you want, don't let me stop you from getting them. Remember, it is YOUR car.

You will notice that not all of these modifications will increase your HP. Some will increase handling and braking. You will also notice that I will not list any stereo systems, undercar neons, decals, body kits, or any other visual mods. These mods are strictly for the performance of the car.

------------------------------------------------------

First and foremost, I want to get this out of the way. THERE IS NOT CHIP MADE FOR THE 3G. THE PIECES OF CRAP THAT ARE SOLD ON EBAY ARE A JOKE. THE JET MODULES CANNOT DO ANYTHING FOR YOU. THROTTLE BODY SPACERS WILL DO NOTHING BUT LIGHTEN YOUR WALLET. SO WILL ELECTRIC SUPERCHARGERS AND THE "TURBONATOR". If you want to spend your money on these, you can feel free to send that money to me. You will get the same reward out of it.

------------------------------------------------------

With that being said, we will start with the most basic mods then work up....

Supercharger

RIPP Mods has a supercharger kit for both the 4cyl and V6 engines. Most of the information is on their site so there is no need in me repeating it here. However, there is one thing I would like to say. You will see HP numbers on their site regarding their SDS kits. These are CRANK HP NUMBERS NOT WHEEL HP NUMBERS. There is a big difference.

www.rippmods.com

All RIPP's SDS kits require an aftermarket headers.

This is my spill for all the n00bs to look at. If I forgot something, my bad. I seem to do that alot.

If you plan on doing these mods yourself, I suggest taking a look at the online service manual.

If you are looking for more websites....here is another List

RPW's Eclipse Webpage

All RPW parts are available through Tearstone or you can email Russ at [email protected].

DISCLAIMER:

I am not responsible for you modding your car, parts breaking on your car, or any use of this information that results in something bad happening to you. This writeup is for information purposes only and I will not be held responsible for your own mistakes. Have fun modding your 3G eclipse.

Last edits made by SC-Customs on 5/31/08

·
Registered
38 Posts
Is RAZZI dual pipe or dual exit?

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey thank you for all the info i have been wanting to do upgrades and i think over time when i get the money i will do every you talked about with a few other things but i did want to know what you think about the 6G72/74 Short Block is this importan if i want to put in more then 12 psi of boost and if i do put this in what do you think it can haddle 20+psi and with all that boost do you think i will ever get traction with my tires.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For both the 4cyl and 6cyl, CMF headers are also available. I slapped a pair of these custom headers on my 4cyl and its a world of a difference. They can be purchased at Eclipseforums.org, or cmfabrications.com

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Originally posted by CatbackRS@Mar 3 2008, 11:04 PM
For both the 4cyl and 6cyl, CMF headers are also available. I slapped a pair of these custom headers on my 4cyl and its a world of a difference. They can be purchased at Eclipseforums.org, or cmfabrications.com
[snapback]146843[/snapback]​
If you consider waiting for a product not everyone receives (feel free to research CMF) and chinese made headers, then by all means - by them. But, they do NOT produce any gains and only produce rasp. Prove me wrong with a dyno sheet comparison of before/after - not just personal opinion from your butt dyno.

I'll go ahead and post this screenshot up here since the post was QUICKLY deleted on .org and I was banned for exposing his scams.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will agree with SC. I was banned from the ORG site years and years ago for posting about the scam that is The Governator. There have been SOOOOO many people burned by him and the other people who owned that site. BUY CMF PRODUCTS AT YOUR OWN RISK. Don't say that you weren't warned when, after 6 months after payment, you still don't have what you ordered, and The Governator doesn't answer your PMs, doesn't respond to your email, and doesn't answer the phone at his "shop".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts