Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Lancer GTS (LOVE IT) but my R/F system decreases in volume when played loud. when i change the sat radio on to a new channel, it is loud, but it automatically decreases. it isnt distorted or anything...i turned the speed sensing volume option off, but it still doesn't help. it also doesn't get any louder after about 35 (it goes to 45). anyone else having this issue? I have the Navi system if that helps any...

·
Registered
76 Posts
My 09 lancer is the same as well..Kinda sucks. I thought it was the volume decrease setting as well. Turned it of with no luck. Guess it's something we all gotta live with.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i still have to go to the dealership for my free wash and detail, so that is when i'll ask the question...i'll post when i get a good answer.
:eek:fftopic: i don't even have my other fast key or the book...dealership was closing and the guy didn't have the box key to get my crap. LOL

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Originally posted by dragonfire09@May 27 2008, 08:10 PM
I just got my Lancer GTS (LOVE IT) but my R/F system decreases in volume when played loud.  when i change the sat radio on to a new channel, it is loud, but it automatically decreases.  it isnt distorted or anything...i turned the speed sensing volume option off, but it still doesn't help.  it also doesn't get any louder after about 35 (it goes to 45).  anyone else having this issue?  I have the Navi system if that helps any...
[snapback]168326[/snapback]​
That would be the car having mercy on your ears. It may not matter now, but just you wait!

I rarely go over 30 on the volume setting... the system is powerful enough on it's own!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Originally posted by dragonfire09@May 27 2008, 10:12 PM
:eek:fftopic: i don't even have my other fast key or the book...dealership was closing and the guy didn't have the box key to get my crap.  LOL
[snapback]168368[/snapback]​
Ahhh.... the memories. I went thru the same thing.
It took them about a week to get me my 2nd key and manual. Sure was fun harassing them tho, make it fun.
I did have a first time salesman tho, so he took crap from me as well as the other salesmen.
He eventually quit, poor guy. :crying:
But then again there aren't too many salesppl still there. Looks like a new flock.

Yes... WAAAAAY offtopic...

Oh yeah, the volume...
It seems like some self-protection thing, governor if you will, for the sound.
Weird that it doesn't kick in for Sirius or even the bluetooth.
I don't get it, you can kick the bluetooth volume up until it distorts, but not the CD or music server. Hmmm... oh well. Small po-taters.

·
Registered
147 Posts
:blink: Wow...
I can't push the volume past 25 without my head starting to feel like it's going to implode :eek: and that's with the punch level to the lowest :grin:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Originally posted by brakeman302@May 28 2008, 08:31 AM
There is a saying "if it's too loud your to old?" Think I have heard that one a few times! LOL :banana:
[snapback]168466[/snapback]​
Haha, I'm only 18 :bwekk:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Oh man.... I used to have the base all the way up in my Grand Am. This one I can't push past 2 or 3 without feeling ghetto. :grin: I have it about 30 and when my husband gets in he yells at me that its too loud! I say hes getting too old. I don't have any of the sirius or nav but its still freaking loud!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 08 GTS with the RF sound system and Navi head unit and noticed this about three days after buying the car almost a year ago. It's not the biggest problem in the world but it would be nice to have a fix for it.

I usually listen to the stereo at 25 because it's loud enough to enjoy and the volume problem is really noticeable at anything louder than that. Once in a while, I turn it up to 35 for a great song but you can tell as you turn up the volume (especially if you do it slowly - like one click every 2 seconds) that it fights you after 25, trying to bring the volume back down.

The thing that is the most annoying is when there are quiet parts of a song (maybe just vocals or strings, no guitars, no drums) and suddenly there is a loud part of a song (like cymbal crashes or drums beating) the volume will be VERY loud for less than a second then turn down again. Hate that. It almost always happens when I have it on shuffle and one quiet song ends (and I forget the volume was turned up) and the next song starts with big drums or guitars and gets the jump on me! So I am careful not to leave the volume past 25 unless I want to people to see me have a heart attack when the next song blows me the hell away!

If this is also happening on the 09's then I doubt that there is a fix for this problem. Here's a question though, 09 people if you have this problem, and you have the navi what is your map version? Maybe software upgrades can fix this problem for us 08ers?

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Originally posted by brakeman302@May 28 2008, 08:31 AM
There is a saying "if it's too loud your to old?" Think I have heard that one a few times! LOL :banana:
[snapback]168466[/snapback]​

What.....what???? I cna't hear you anymore :laughing:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Originally posted by jptbrick@May 28 2008, 12:56 PM
If this is also happening on the 09's then I doubt that there is a fix for this problem. Here's a question though, 09 people if you have this problem, and you have the navi what is your map version? Maybe software upgrades can fix this problem for us 08ers?
[snapback]168567[/snapback]​
Even if it was fixed for 09 Lancers, for the people with navigation equipped, it's gonna cost alot to buy a update kit and some gas money to keep your car on and idling. That is unless Mitsu decides to update with a cd like they do with gracenote databases. I don't know how they'll fix the normal non-navi systems though. But what willy said, I'll second that statement.

The volume drop would be the car having mercy on your ears :laughing:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
speaking of the Gracenote upgrade...I haven't completed that in my car. I'll check the version of the map data and post soon...didnt get to call the dealer about the stereo "safety" feature, daughter was running a 103 temp and had to go to e.r.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just checked the map version... 2006-1. The GraceNote upgrade was already done according to the CDDB (CBBD?) code. I like my music loud, so i really want to figure the sound adjustment. #1 on the priority list tomorrow.. LOL

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm glad other people were noticing this too. I thought I might be going crazy or my CDs were burned incorrectly.

I would LOVE a fix for this.

·
Registered
257 Posts
well mine is the S H I T T Y 4 speaker system and i found out that the front two door speakers have tweaters and the back two dont so i think ima order the infinity kappa series 6 1/2's for my doors see how good that sounds

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also have an '08 GTS and notice this "feature" <_<

Interestingly, my wife has an '07 Outlander with the navi system as well, but her audio doesn't appear to have this function. Either that or hers is loud enough at 25 to where it isn't an issue.

It just seems like my stereo doesn't get loud enough. Some CDs are worse than others, but the system is advertised as 650 Watts. Seems to me if you advertise those numbers, they should be able to actually hit them more than just a split second!

Overall, I'm extremely happy with the car, but this is the one glaring problem that bugs me. I've always had an aftermarket stereo and the RF navi system just isn't quite as good. I really wish there was some way to disable the auto level function. Disabling the speed compensated volume & EQ button doesn't seem to help. In fact, that feature doesn't seem to do anything at all to volume as I drive.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Same issue here as everyone else has. For 650watts it is not that loud at all. Volume doesn't change over 35. (35-45 sound exactly the same). My blaupunkt stereo in my old mustang with a cheap 300w prestige amp, (75 watts x 4 channels), was so much more louder the difference just blows my mind. It seems to me the designers may have thought that when people see 650watts that they are going to turn it up all the time and possibly blow speakers or the sub and then try to claim warranty or make the dealer fix for free, so they limit the output so as to protect the equipment from damage. Makes sense for mitsu, but not for the consumer. Would have been nice to be able to use/hear all 650 watts and just add a clause in the warranty that says stereo is not covered or limited coverage on speakers and amp.
On the plus side, when I plug in my iphone and use the ipod function it is much louder than the cd player, the sat radio, or the regular radio, so with ipod cranking the volume gets pretty loud.
I also find people standing outside the car, when the stereo is up, say that its very loud, that I can be heard coming down the street, but to me inside the car its not that loud, makes me wonder if acoustics are off or I'm just hard of hearing lol.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts