1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

[attachmentid=1634]
[attachmentid=1635]

I own a 2001 mitsubishi lancer MR coupe, 1.8 liter SOHC. I had been done a number of outlook enhancement but neglacted the engine modification. My car is located in melbourne and i wanted to supercharge my engine. Could anyone give me some advice and how much would it cost me (as i have to start saving money towards it).

Right now , i have a catalytic converter back onwards exhaust changed to a 2 inch pipe with a muffler. Other than that, all is standard with the engine.

For handling, I have front top and back top strut bars, lowered king springs and pedders sports shocks. With a 16 inch wheel.

After i have done engine modification, i was thinking of changing my breaks and add two sway bars front and back from RPW. Also thinking of convert my tiptronic to manual gearbox as it is starting to jump from 2nd to 3rd gear.

I like to drag my car and do some hard cornering, but not good at it. Hopefully can get some tips from dear fellow members. Cheers.

Best Wishes,
Ben

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
There are no supercharger kits as such on the market really anymore for the vehicle - or none that I would personally recomend.

With the new garret turbochargers being so efficient they really are compareable to a supercharger - especially if set up correctly. The right sized turbo can produce trememndous horsepower gains, instant throttle response, and great fuel economy, certainly better than many of the cheaper supercharger options.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I have been thinking of turbocharging my car and i alr found some good stuff from RPW. It comes with this stage 1 to stage 3 kit, but i would think that turbocharging my car would cost me around AUD 10k or more? Any ideas?

As to my knowledge, i still need to get myself an intercooler. I also heard that turbocharging require more mainteinance. Is that true?

Anyway, where do you recommend me to turbocharge my car (i am in melbourne)? Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
dude,
im from malaysia
im driving proton putra @ mitsubishi coupe but mine is originally 1.8DOHC (4G93)
i've modified toyota SC14 kit into my car.
i would like to share all the information with you
do drop me an email

here is my info after dyno:
on wheel H/P : 131hp (still using 2" exhaust system, and will gain hp if install 2.5" exhaust system)
kit : toyota SC14 kit (boost 0.8 bar)
0-100 time : not yet test
Engine : Toyota Supercharge piston + piston rings, ACL racing bearing and fully rebuild.
Management: Dynojet powercommander.
soon i will upload my car picture or will send to you thru email.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Im thinking about getting a mirage as a secondary car and I so love your front head lights. What aftermarket lights are those?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts