Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi members,

Can someone kindly help me to address the problem with my space wagon GLXi 2.0 lit, petrol 1994?

I noticed that rear window’s water system does not provide water to clean the window any more. I am not sure that front and pack windows water supply goes from same bottle or two different. May be pipe has some kind of blockage or any other problem, where I should look for pump, that supply water or any other advice. Your help or advice will be appreciated.
:)

G

·
You should check the pump for the water (maybe its not running/ faulty). Other than that yoy should try to check your hoses (might be leaking) and check the water nozzle (check any sign for blockage)

Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wanted to post, I have the same issue with my 3000gt, replaced the hoses and still no water. The key thing is that when I pull back the handle that activates the pump to dispense water, there is no noise. This leads me to believe the motor pump that is on the bottom of the reserve bottle is not working, I am looking for this part, either the whole bottle with motor/pump or just the pump motor. Tried ebay, but no one seems to can answer my question is the pump attached to the bottle. They ask is it inside, and the one I have and see, is located on the outside at the bottom. So until someone confirms for sure their part they are selling is exactly what I am looking for, I am not buying it.
So see if you can hear the motor run, if not, you need a new one.
I am not a mechanic nor work on vehicles but I am finding you can't find good machanics these days, nor one that will not rip you off, so trying to do little things myself. I have paid 2 people already to fix this problem, so far, I paid both and neither fixed it... Oh well...

·
Registered
37 Posts
when activated first you should hear a small click (this is the relay) then you should hear the water pump just like you hear on the front wipers if you don't get either noise then the relay has gone if you hear the relay but no pump the the pump has gone.
the other things to check is a blocked pipe and a faulty switch (ie wiring)
its only the front lense washer that uses a seperate bottle but they all use seperate water pumps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts