Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all i just want to know what the mitsubishi community thinks of the new mitsubishi colt, i personally like them i think they look gr8, where i am from there is only one or two but they seem to go well and pack a bit of punch. what do u all reckon?

[attachmentid=198][attachmentid=199]

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
personally i think they shouldnt have called it a colt. its nothing like a colt! its a mini mpv. i was watching top gear the other night and clarkson said unless its an mpv with 7 seats they are not worth a w***. mini mpv's are replacing hatchbacks but tbh, i really cant see the point in them. i suppose a 3 door of the new colt would be nice if it had all the extras otherwise i think its a waste of money.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I love the look of the 3dr euro colt,The facelifted j.d.m colt looks much better than the current euro or australian/new zealand colt.The grill has lost the stupid triangle thing and gone for more of an evo7 still grill,Ive been checking out the colt plus turbo on the asian sites and it looks really cool.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Not my cup of tea at all.... kinda reminds me of a cross between the Hyundai Atos and a Toyota Yaris..... i much prefer the previous colts! :D

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Originally posted by Leesa@Feb 4 2005, 02:29 AM
i much prefer the previous colts! :D
[snapback]7272[/snapback]​
Youre joking aint ya,The 96- colt is DULL,if you see a 92-95 colt and a 96- colt beside each other the 92 looks far more modern,This new colt is leaps ahead of the old colts in character,design,Handling.Test drive one,im sure youll be pleasantly surprised :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Originally posted by gevo@Feb 4 2005, 01:08 PM
Youre joking aint ya,The 96- colt is DULL,if you see a 92-95 colt and a 96- colt beside each other the 92 looks far more modern,This new colt is leaps ahead of the old colts in character,design,Handling.Test drive one,im sure youll be pleasantly surprised :D
[snapback]7286[/snapback]​

I won't disagree with you Gevo the 92-95 shape is alot nicer.... :thumbsup: and i do like the front of the new one it does have a kinda Evo shape to it..... but i just don't like the over all shape of the car and would never see myslef driving one, no matter how it handled! :p , i've had a colt and now a mirage..... next is a GSR Lancer so ill be test driving that before another colt!!! :57: :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
personally i'm thinking they should have released it under another name. it bears no resemblance tothe colt of old and just hasn't the same feeling to it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i would have to disagree, taking a neutral view of Mitsubishi over the past 2 or 3 years, i don't think they had much of a choice.

For starters, because of the financial situation of the company, they needed Smart (Daimler Chrysler) to help out with the development of the Colt. Therefore dictate the shape of the car.

Secondly, The old Colts were never big sellers in UK and Europe. If they had gone for the same recipe, it could have been a disaster. They needed something fresh and different in such a competitive market segment.

Thirdly, The trend is shifting towards individuality and uniqueness. Look at the supermini market, if Mitsubishi had produced something like the current Ford Fiesta, it wouldn't have stood a chance. The only reason the Fiesta sells despite being so dull is its reputation. Something the Colt doesn't have.

Look at the New Suzuki Swift. The old car was nothing short of disaster, yet the new car looks nothing like the old car and is critically acclaimed by the motoring press.

And to address Sullie's point of it being a mini mpv, it has the practicalities of a mini mpv without the handling drawbacks! the seats fold, slide back and forth and even tumble forward to create a massive flat loading area.

And quality of the buildis fantastic. Sit in and drive a new Colt and it feels far bigger and more sophisticated than it really is.

I've lived with my Colt for 6 months now and would never swap it for something as dull as the Fiesta or previous generation Colt! The most under-rated car in its class because of the reputation of previous Colts!

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts