Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well for per say a 2002 oz rally auto what would you go about doing to compete with most civics and cavy's and some v6 mustangs , alot of people around where i live have civics that think they are such hot **** and i like lancers most the OZ cause i cannot offord a EVO :p im thinking just a reg CAI from KandN and exhaust system and somtime later a turb heh....but mostly some new air and exhaust options, any other things you can think of thats is less 500 per mod do get some good hp....the oc has 130 hp stock i want to get up to 175 at least N/a

:liebe011: :liebe011:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
If you can afford it buy a ralliart, It has a big power difference that you can feel than the OZ. Exhaust and intakes are nice but they wont make a difference that you can really feel on the OZ.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the OZ is a 2002 and has 35k miles.....for 7995 and I CANT NOT find that for any cheaper....all the ones i see are 12's and 13's and the ralliart is 16 er so. s not in my price range at all LOL so i guess ill stick with the OZ, my friend has a silver one and i fell in love with it, plus i might just go mostly show with it and minor go. just intake and exhaust....

thanks much though

:00000732:

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Well, if you want to beat Cavaliers and Civics, you have to work under the hood. Most of those guys do intake/exhaust and really that's it. Here's my idea:

cold air intake/port-matched throttle body/port-matched intake manifold

header/high-flow catalytic converter/full 2.5" exhaust

This should get you going. Just beware if you do all show/no go, you might get slammed at the line.

As far as beating V6 Mustangs, the ones 1999-2004 come stock wtih 200HP, the ones 1993-1998 come stock with 160HP, so to even beat a stock one requres quite a bit of work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
NOS!! You can already outperform civics and cavaliers with the OZ in the curves and the NOS will keep you up in a straight line. Got mine for $6900 with 38k miles on it. An exhaust and intake are basically a waste of money.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got a 03 OZ lancer... the intake and xaust system is very VERY restrictive... i just put a CAI and there is a really big defference. So.. CAI, throttle body, intake manifold *matching port size, headers, cat, muffler (not the fart cans) afther.. injector, fuel rail meaby cam shaft.. the car is made really restrictive.. remember that

·
Registered
168 Posts
Originally posted by manybrews@Jul 10 2008, 06:00 PM
you need a different car.
[snapback]181532[/snapback]​

this.

if u want power without wasting money, just wait till you can afford something, like an evo. its just not worth it to make the O-Z running with 250+ hp

·
Registered
396 Posts
My friend had a 03 Rally Edition and it was super clean!! He paid seven for it and it had 18" wheels and like I said it was super clean! But it was slow....it had a Injen CAI and a Magnaflow catback. If I was you I would keep it throw somw wheels on it, a walker Body kit some rims and a spoiler. After you do some work to the motor! Turbo it and leave it at 8 psi Im sure that wont hurt it and it will prob give it about 100hp. I dont know alot about the lancer but if you like it KEEP IT! Dont let anyone change your mind. I have a 99 eclipse RS. I could be like everyone and buy a GST or GSX but I like my car! So Im fixin it up! Wasting my money to everyone else but I like it! Its in great shape and I like the motor I got. So theres my 2 cents!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts