Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

in addition to a Pajero I have another Mitsi (I'm a sucker for replacing water-pumps and timing belts): a 94 Emeraude.

Can anyone give me the heritage of this particular machine please? I've been told that it's a Galant produced exclusively for the Japanese home market. Other than that, it looks very much like a Galant (with very few exterior variations from a Galant of the same vintage).

Any info would be appreciated as I will no doubt soon be needing to go and replace numerous parts as it's showing significant wear and tear all over and would prefer to get some of them second-hand. I don't have a manual for the car, so all the info and parts numbers are a mystery to me.

Cheerz

Mark

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
ohhh...well wikipeida says this
A new Galant debuted in 1992 (model year 1994 in America), available as a four-door sedan and five-door liftback. A Japan-only hardtop derivative called the Mitsubishi Emeraude was also launched in 1992
link to wikipeida

hardtop???im confused by that,unless perhaps its a case of this word meaning something else in the states or elsewhere....

but i know the japs like to do lots of special editions as you can always see on a jap import,with a sticker saying something stupid like "super windy"(saw that on a toyota)

i guess its some kind of luxury editon,does it have any extras of note?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

It's a nice enough wee car, but other than the exterior styling, it appears to have all the same mechanical components as a simialr vintage Galant i.e. 2 litre V6, climate control, electric drivers seat, elec windows etc.; but no extras worthy of note, unfortunately.

Mark

·
Registered
75 Posts
An Emeraude is a JDM only car produced as a test car for the US market but never made it like the eterna in 6gen galant years, Its a Japanese only car.....So its imported from Japan to NZ I know coz my friend has one there =) its a 7gen Galant with the inside of a 7gen but different body.....It runs the same trans as my AMG, Hot looking mitsu tho.....have you got the facelift version?

·
Registered
1 Posts
[attachmentid=5935]

Hardtop for Japan Domestic Models usually refers to frameless door glass like the old 1970's Ford & GM models. Usually they have a "B" pillar set behind the glass and so this "pillarless" effect allows for a more sleeker, less boxier look for the cabin area.
Good examples are 1994+Toyota Corona EXIV, Carina ED, Toyota Marino & Ceres, Celica.

[attachmentid=5936]

Wikipedia search on "Hardtop" for 1970s examples etc.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts