Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been working on a 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer ES, it hasnt been started in some time but now it is. So far ive done a high mileage oil change , flushed the radiator with cleaner for 3 days and refilled with new antifreeze/coolant, replaced the battery and terminals, new sparks plugs, plug wires and ignition coils. cleaned out the air intake with crc throttle body and air intake cleaner. i need help identifying this circular metal thing with 4 phillips screws holding it. part pictured and circled below.
ps if anyone has any experience repairing, working or knows about any common issues with a 2003 lancer ES any help would be much appreciated, thanks!!!!
Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
03 lancer Es 4g94 sohc motor
2 Posts
That is a Egr Valve. I don't know that it's supposed to make noises. My Egr is under the throttle body on my 03 4g94 motor. But on the spare 4g94 I bought the throttle body on the intake manifold has same Egr valve bolted to it. Tmw I will check to see if it has a delete like the 03 4g94

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thats not the EGR, thats the cruise control membrane thing, from my understanding just by looking at it, follow the vacuum hose and it leads to some small motorized unit thing that regulates the Intake valve flapper.

·
Registered
03 lancer Es 4g94 sohc motor
2 Posts
Thats not the EGR, thats the cruise control membrane thing, from my understanding just by looking at it, follow the vacuum hose and it leads to some small motorized unit thing that regulates the Intake valve flapper.
I didnt feel 100% right. I looked today on spare motor and there's a egr in the right spot and the fore mentioned cruise control unit. I don't have it on the Lancer ES model. Thanks for the correction and information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts