Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a lancer oz rally it is stock and i want to modify it for the first time what could be the best first mod

·
Registered
16 Posts
Intake or exhaust I would say. Some people say to do one before the other but I don't think it matters too much. I had a 2006 Civic (auto) as my first car and my friend gave me a Pilot muffler he was getting rid of; had it brazened on for a custom fit (again done by friends for nothing) and it sounded great. Not to mention gave me about a mile or two better gas mileage.

It's all up to you really but in my opinion I would go with a cold air intake (or short ram intake depending on your money situation and if the car is manual or auto as they don't make a cold air for auto) or some exhaust component (be it muffler or cat back) for a first mod.

Hope this helps! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
First mods are pretty much playing around with your car and seeing where you want to go with it. There's a plethora of parts out there for bolt on performance, and it can be a little daunting the first time round. The pinned 'steps to upgrading' found at various points in these forums are good guides to start with. My advice? Work on your engine's breathing before you go anywhere else. Intake, throttle body, headers, exhaust, and a basic piggyback ecu is the route I went. I might also recommend the overlooked suspension/brakes area too for first mods. A sway bar (no more than $200) or two, and some rotors and pads are cheap mods that enhance your ride's capabilities rather surprisingly beyond stock levels as well. Don't forget, more power means harder stopping and wear on the rest of your ride.

·
Registered
4 Posts
your not going to be able to make this car fast trust me i one. if its a manual i would consider about putting a short throw in there.. then get a intake and exhaust

1 - 6 of 6 Posts