Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm new to the forum

I have recently become interested in purchasing a Lancer for my first car. I have been reading consumer reports and specifications on Lancers and wanted some first hand recommendations on which make/model is the best to buy.

I am considering the following:

2003-2006 Lancer ES
2004-2006 Lancer OZ Rally
2005-2006 Lancer Ralliart
5SPD

(Edmunds didn't have anything good to say about Ralliarts)

I'm intending to spend between $5,000 and $9,000 on a pre-owned, hoping for little repair work other than aesthetics.

I'm not exactly looking to street race, I just love the profile of the Lancer Evolution VII. I want a car that has decent fuel economy (30 mpg is alright) and manual so its fun to drive. I think I'll purchase a body kit for whichever model I buy to make it look more like the Evo. Bucket seats are a must.

What are the pros of cons of owning Lancers?
For a first car, which of these cars would be the best model to invest in?

Suggestions would be awesome, thanks!

Cheers! ~ j

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Any car is a poor investment;)

Be advised that all 3 of those cannot be made to look like an evo without some serious body modifications. If you're going for looks, I'd go ralliart.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
For speed, I would choose the Ralliart. For economy, I'd go with the OZ Rally.

I've never heard anything bad (mechanically speaking) about any of the the Lancers. The only thing I ever read that was negative, was a comment about the cheapness of the interior (it's an economy car, what do you expect), which I disagree with.

I bought a brand new 05 ES (5 speed), and have 80,000 miles on it. Zero problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2003 Oz-Rally and I get about 27-30mpg but thats mainly city. It is also my first car and i couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Had my Lancer for four years and put 60k miles on it. Love it, haven't had any problems. For an economy car it's pretty **** good. Not the best, not the worst in all catagories.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts