Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

im after a bit of information on the differance between the 4G63 turbo motor out of the RVR, and the 4G63 in the evo 1-3s.

would i be right in assuming that the turbo would be smaller? and maybe smaller injectors? same computer?

any input is always appreciated

cheers guys

JP

·
Registered
8 Posts
detuned computer, smaller turbo, that's about it there isn't alot of difference overall. the Hyper sports gear is different to super sports gear by tuning and turbo size.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My understanding is;
the Open Gear & Sports Gears use the engine out of the Galants Vr4?
& the Hyper Gear has the Evo donk...

Or does the variation happen from yrs '95 to '97 models...
Hmmm?

But yeah the Hyper's are Hyped up & have bigger turbo & more grunt!

·
Registered
4 Posts
as far as i know they have the detuned evo engine with tdo4 instead of tdo5 and a top mount intercooler not sure about the ecu? i have a limited edition rvr that came with a evo7 engine but detuned with tdo4 and top mount but i have since put the evo7 turbo and big front mount on goes great!

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey could you tell me more about the sort of grunt on the hyper super sportgear,what bhp does it have? the one i have is by ralliart,does that make a difference too?
i know it sounds dumb having one n not knowing,jus cant seem to find info on it any where...jus know its a cracking drive...

·
Registered
7 Posts
ayup! :)
the difference is in the manifold and turbo....
i have the ralliart 2ltr evo rvr it is supposed to be between 250 n 280 bhp,the uk spec rvr's have the td04l turbo unit and manifold,they only have a 36mm diameter bore,whereas mine has the tdo4Hl turbo unit and manifold which has a 50mm bore ,the td05 turbo unit is different again and wouldnt fit mine,i know all this havin changed my turbo n going through the process of sending 2 back that wouldnt fit then taking mine off and travelling to japparts in derby so they could match it up exactly.i ended up with the excaliber of used turbos for 135 quid,nice!

hope that helps!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts