Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help from people who may have gone through this. I have a bunch of errands to to in Miami (I'm in the Fort Lauderdale area) when the car decided not to start. It doesn't even attempt to start. When I take the key out, the odometer and the open door warning(the driver door is open) keeps on flickering. I tried to see what happens when I turn on the emergency lights and all I hear is an electric motor working really hard. I can't even lock the doors with the key remote. The strange part is that I was using it this morning to do some grocery shopping this morning without noticing any problems. I want to know if it is due to the system computer or if it is simply a dying battery. How do i fix this??? :crying:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi,

While I am not an expert, I do have a lot of experience with cars and am also in Ft. Lauderdale. Florida is murder on batteries (worse than cold climates) and if you get 3-4 years out of one here you're lucky. But it shouldn't go bad that quick unless there is a problem wit the charging/electrical system.

I does sound like either a dead battery (and the often just die) or a computer problem. Have you jumped it? How did you get it home (or to a shop)? If it started, it's not the computer. Any decent shop should be able to tell you if the battery is holding a charge, and go from there. I wouldn't start with Mistsu if you think it's a battery issue since it's not a warranty item.

BTW, if you are in NE FTL, I take my vehicles to the Gemini/Goodyear place next to Coral Ridge Mall on Federal just north of Oakland Park. Been going there 12 years and very pleased. I just ordered a new set of tires there the other day.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the ideas. I got a mechanic come through and say it's an electrical problem. The battery was wiped out and had to be replaced. I'm heading to a garage tomorrow to get the electrical system checked out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts