Mitsubishi Forums banner

Where? Double Din Panel!

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Greg9014 
#1 ·
Guys,
I see some great posts about these stereo installs, but nobody is giving up the source of the double din control panel. Come on, help a brother out with a link? I'm looking to install a whole new Alpine system, but I don't want to pay through the roof to have some yokel tear my panel apart. Please, give up your sources and bring a smile to the faces of everyone who has asked this question in here and not recieved a response.

#4 ·
I think everyone who installed a double-din stereo custom-cut their original dash kit.

I didn't want to do that, or pay someone to do that, so I ended up just putting a mid-range Alpine head unit into what used to be the little storage compartment. (everything flew out of there whenever I accelerated or went around a turn anyway). It's not difficult to read the display unless you've got a 32-ounce drink in the cupholders. I have a sirius antenna feeding into it, and an ipod cord which runs into the glovebox. So far, everything works perfectly.

The main advantage to this set up is that I tend to trade cars every 2-3 years, and since the factory stereo is still there, I'll just have to pull the Alpine unit out and put the tray back in its slot.

#5 ·
I plan to keep mine for a long time. I work in Construction, so I need the ground clearance. But I plan to use this vehicle for work and buy a car for fun. I'm dying to put a touch screen in, but I thought about biting the bullet and putting a unit where you did. I too am an Alpine guy. There is no other choice in my mind. Thanks for the feedback.

#6 ·
Also if you look at the 07 XLS model the hood on top of the centre stack has changed to accomadate a 7 inch screen for the nav system, why not install a system in the empty spot as previously done by others, and then place a larger screen at the top using the new hood!!! :57:

#9 ·
Originally posted by shanghaistein@Feb 20 2007, 05:27 PM
I did wind up installing a stereo in the sleeve below, however my factory stereo doesn't light up at night anymore and I'm getting an E - COM error on my old screen.  I also have the issue of my SRS light being on. Any ideas?
[snapback]86301[/snapback]​

I've posted this tip in a couple of the other forums but I'll throw it again in here. To make use your dash still lights up and you don't get the error code you need to keep your factory deck powered up. If you go to Best Buy and get a mitsubishi reverse harness and tie in the power and keep the factory deck plugged in you won't get the error code and it will still light up. As far as the double din dash kit, I would be happy to build one for you cheap if you can tell me where to get replacement radio covers. I am a mobile electronics installer and I have a 04 endeavor that I'm planning to put the new Alpine iva-w205 double din into. I'm going to cut the radio cover and fiberglass and bondo the gaps and mount the screen flush, but I need a trim to start with. If you know where to get some e-mail me and let me know and I can hook you up with a double din trim.

greg9014@hotmail.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.