Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dash rattles and squeaks have been driving me crazy. They do not occur all the time, but when they do, they drive me nuts. Has anyone taken their vehicle in for this and was the problem actually fixed?

·
Registered
94 Posts
ive had some to off and on....when it happens i just want to start beating the heck out of the dash ...i hate ratlles and squeaks and noises haha..never got it checked tho

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same problem. Check the screws that are under the hood in the top right and left hand corners. I checked, they were loose after a turn to break the paint. Mitsubishi checked, and the top of the screws came off. Somehow the 'robot' put them in too hard and they were loose. were burred.The paint was the only thing that was keeping them looking tight. My car is only 4 months old and they are now taking it to a panel beater to fix. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I to have a squeek that seems to be coming out of the dash that is driving me insane. I thought I read somewhere something about a heat-shield I am going to start taking things apart this weekend because I am going deaf keeping the radio loud to not hear it. If anyone has any suggestions would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jcosmejr @ Nov 19 2008, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I to have a squeek that seems to be coming out of the dash that is driving me insane. I thought I read somewhere something about a heat-shield I am going to start taking things apart this weekend because I am going deaf keeping the radio loud to not hear it. If anyone has any suggestions would greatly appreciate it.[/b]
Found the culprit for my problem. It was the motor mount that is attached near the passenger strut mount, replaced it and the squeeking is gone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts