Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
How's it going Rattles,

I'm from Cairns and own a 2004 MK Triton Twin Cab with a 6G72 engine.

It looks like you spend a lot of time on cars. Are you a mechanic?

I just posted my first post over on the Triton board, or should I say L200 and also in the intro board.

Doesn't look like many Aussies visit this site, can you recommend any other sites for Aussies that own Tritons?

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good old cairns been there a few times .. brissy/ipswich here

There are aussies members - only a few ,who are able to work on their own cars

mostly we just advise them --- they post when they need help

All the non aussie models I leave to overseas technical advisors - they really know their stuff

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi I'm Mick from Townsville, I have a 2007 Mitsubishi Colt 1.5ltr cvt and a Mitsibishi 2.4 engine in a Great Wall Ute.
Very impressed with both.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Gday I'm from Adelaide, have a Mitsi Colt 07, just joined and the forum came up trumps with a solution to bringing my dead radio back to life. I'm trying to get the hang of the forum and want to do a post with a link to the topic that helped me.
I can't work out how to insert a link to a post. Have tried several times. Is there a trick? Any help would be terrific.

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there is a bit in the forums on the colts

thank you for asking the question ..... I have added a how to in the new member area

so have another go at your 3000GT & GTO Forum post ... use full edit / delete the screen shot /copy past from the colt forum/ submit modified post /checkit

http://www.mitsubishi-forums.com/index.php...c=80193&hl=

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks chain rattle. Saw your post on the topic which is nice and clear. Guessing that using BB code is if you want to get fancy ;)

When I had the problem with the Colt radio - and the dealer service centre were clueless beyond what was in the manual - I was seriously at the point of buying a new unit.

Got talking to a retired, old-school Mitsi engineer who used to work at the Lonsdale factory (now sadly closed). He said "radios don't die - I bet it's something like disconnecting the battery then reconnecting".

He told me to hop on a Mitsi forum as he'd done to fix an issue with his Verada. So I took his advice! It really saved me big bucks.

Adelaide was the home of the Magna, a terrific car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gday-Gus from Port Macquarie-drive a 2014 Triton 2wd trayback mostly for work
Im actually after a workshop manual for this car and want to change the timing belt rather soon-can anyone point me in the right direction to get a manual for Aus delivered 4G64 engines?-thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,674 Posts
Gday-Gus from Port Macquarie-drive a 2014 Triton 2wd trayback mostly for work
Im actually after a workshop manual for this car and want to change the timing belt rather soon-can anyone point me in the right direction to get a manual for Aus delivered 4G64 engines?-thanks
If you double check the stickies in different categories you might find 4G64 sections under other vehicles.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts