Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '06 Endeavor with 18,000 miles on it. I got it last fall, so I haven't used the air conditioning until recently. It works really well, but on some longer trips, the AC shuts down for a minute and then turns back on. Of course it gets warm in the car when it's off. I've never had a car do this before and it doesn't seem right.

Anyone else experience this problem?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just wanted to reply to this post. I too have an '06 Endeavor that had a similar issue to DavidE where the AC shuts down intermittantly. After about an hour of driving the AC compressor would shut off. I have about 15,000 miles on mine. At first the AC would just shut down and starting it again would take several presses of the button. Later, it cycled on/off 4 or 5 times. The problem was a A/C pressure switch open circuit. The fault came up during a scan of the computer system. The fault was DTC U1404 (Dynamic range fault). The A/C freon pressure switch was replaced.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My Endeavor is finally in the shop for the AC issue. They couldn't make it code today and they say they spoke with Mitsu techs. Unless it fails while they have it or the code shows up while they have it, they say they can't replace the part under warranty. This is b.s. It happens to me on every decently lengthy trip. This is the second time I've had this type of issue with Mitsubishi. It's like they don't believe you if it doesn't mess up while they have it in the shop, but they're not using the vehicle on real road conditions when the problem occurs. Why is it that the car's computer doesn't register and store these codes while I'm driving??? My AC shut off just this weekend for goodness sakes!

I told them they could keep the car for another day to work with it, but I'm seriously disappointed with Mitsubishi service in comparison with Ford and Hyundai.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was a little frustrated when I posted last night. After speaking with the dealer today, it sounds like they're trying to find the issue and have been speaking with Mitsubishi, but they're having no luck.

There are at least 4 of us with this issue on this board and another one, so according to the dealer Mitsu should have a file on the issue. But they don't.

Maybe people don't see it as a problem?

·
Registered
23 Posts
While I sympathize with you, I have to comment to you and all the other's with problems: There IS still real snail mail. Write a letter on paper to Mitsubishi (and I'm not on their payroll or side) and start a PAPER trail!

Complaining on the internet doesn't have any effect...do you think Mitsu reads this? They might, but you still have to PROVE you notified them.

Please don't flame me, I have long ago learned that in our e-mail, voice menu, telephone call to New Dehli Hell, the only thing that works is the CANCEL option, and ya' can't cancel a car. Then good old Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested is the way to go. And EVERYONE has a Consumer Protection Agency of some sort, Lemon Laws, Etc. So get off the **** internet and use the computer to write a LETTER!

And if you are from New Dehli, spare me the comments, at least I can spell it and know where it is....

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by jdelbaglivo@Aug 7 2007, 09:00 PM
While I sympathize with you, I have to comment to you and all the other's with problems:  There IS still real snail mail.  Write a letter on paper to Mitsubishi (and I'm not on their payroll or side) and start a PAPER trail!

Complaining on  the internet doesn't have any effect...do you think  Mitsu reads this?  They might, but you still have to PROVE you notified them.

Please don't flame me, I have long ago learned that in our e-mail, voice menu, telephone call to New Dehli Hell, the only thing that works is the CANCEL option, and ya' can't cancel a car.  Then good old Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested is the way to go.  And EVERYONE has a Consumer Protection Agency of some sort, Lemon Laws, Etc. So get off the **** internet and use the computer to write a LETTER! 

And if you are from New Dehli, spare me the comments, at least I can spell it and know where it is....
[snapback]107472[/snapback]​

Well, yesterday was the first time I took it in to get fixed. I'd like to try dealing with the dealer first. Manybrews said on another forum that this is a "known issue" but the dealer told me that it is not a known issue according to Mitsu. I'd like to find out if there's some TSB or other document I can have them look at to see that it's a known issue and what the cure is before complaining in writing that they can't fix it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Many Brews provided me with the TSB. I took it to the dealer and they could not figure out why they didn't come up with it. They ordered the part, installed it a week later and it's been smooth sailing ever since.

Thanks Many Brews!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just took my "new" '06 Endeavor on it's first long road trip, and the same problem described here occurred (AC cycles on and off).

Can anyone provide a copy of the referenced TSB, or point me in the right direction to find it? I haven't been able to locate the "other" forum that was alluded to.

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the help.

Looks like the temps are heading down fast in the Midwest, & I probably won't need the AC again until spring. But I better get it done now, or I'll be kicking myself on that first hot day in spring............... :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts