Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have the problem of ear piecing thumping when you move your windows down between 40 mph and 80 mph? I cant have my back windows down and drive at higher speeds. Outside of this, I love my Endeavor.

Thanks
Sparky the Newbie :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
I get the thumping noise when I have my rear windows down more than half way as well. It's not much of a problem for me since I normally will not drive the highway with my windows down (gas mileage thing).

·
Registered
54 Posts
this is typical of most all vehicles or SUV's at least. The easy solution is to roll down another window to allow the pressure to equalize. I like to keep the drivers window open so I partially roll down the rear passenger. Their electric so no problem to do it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yeah, I get that annoying noise too. Just roll down your front windows slightly to neutralize the cabin pressure. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yup have to agree with what the others are saying, another way I do it is to drop the diagonaly opposite window that will also help with airflow too.

·
Registered
61 Posts
That's strange, because I can't say its a problem with my vehicle! although I normaly drive with my window anything from 1/4 to all the way down and the passenger side behind me down about 3-4 inches only, and some times the oposite side down the same amount too!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just made a long trip to my sisters and tried your idea of opposite windows and that did make a big difference, thanks. :clap:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. I have the same problem. It's only when the back seat windows are down, but not the front ones, right? I've noticed that if I crack the front windows it seems to help quite a bit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts