Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
in that case i dont know. been driving stick all my life and go on feel and sound, a light would probly confuse me and make me miss a gear(

·
Registered
7 Posts
G'day,
I'm after a wiring diagram for my 05 lancer vrx so as i can connect my neons to my interior lighting circuit. Ie, open doors or turn on interior light, and neons come on too...

Any ideas where i could get a hold of these?

Cheers

Davebo.

[email protected]

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey man,
i got a 04 ralli-art and it all depends on wether or not it is an automatic or a stick so mean it all depends but there is a wiring harness that goes to the tranny from the stock tach if it is a stick you will need to hook up the tach to the blue wire as for the light the light should just be a pos and a ground wire one to the pos terminal and the other to a good ground then should be able to program the shift light to the rpm you want. the last time i checked no ralli-art has an automatic stcok shift light on the dash so thats that but the auto tranny i will have to look into it for you but let me know what you think and if u figure it out or not so i can do some more research. If u can help me out by looking to see if anyone wants to buy my ralli-art i would appreciate it the pics are on the forum it now has a turbo from roadracemotorsports.com and i have a full body kit for it just no installed yet but i will do that for someone if they buy paint and everything.

·
Registered
6 Posts
as fir davebo and you wiring with the interior light and the neons i know that you can have the neons on a toggle switch and still have them hooked up to the interior light as well you will need som more wire but all you have to do is run a pos wire from the toggle to the interior fuse and another wire to the interior light itself so yes you will have to take the headliner down alittle bit to complete this but that is how you do it just make sure that the wires are securly fastened (soddered together...not tapped) and you will be fine just make sure you ground is in a good spot not just touching a bolt or neg. battery terminal or it will short out the wiring and will mess with the fuses as well let me know what you think!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks mate,

Thats the way that i used to have it done in my Holden Commodore, but being a new car, i didn't want to start mucking around too much without first checking it out.
The neons that i have installed are in the front bar just under the grille, so i was hoping i could find the wire somewhere between the fuse box and the firewall.
I wasn't going to put in a switch, as over here neons are only legal if the car is stationary.... cops are pretty tight over here about that sorta thing, so it's just easier that they only come on when the doors are open or interior light is turned on.

Davebo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
well there isnt really a way to get to the wire in the firewall without breaking the whole wiring hearness open and let me tell you it is a pain in the butt. that is one place i would not recommend putting it also due to the fact of the waranty. i mean it is one thing to put a direct wire to the interior lights themselves but as for opening the wiring harness and splicing wires that brings into play alot of thing for example wire shortages, dealerships not covering that wiring harness due to aftermarket mods. So i would personally tap into something cheaper just in case you do fry something it will be cheaper to fix the interior lights dont ya think. but i know that the interior lights have three or four wires that run down the side pillars by the door jam and you can splice right into one of them instead of the main harness in the firewall. Just dont forget to have a fuse in the wiring or shortages will occur. At least a 30amp fuse will work. and the ground that is extremely important too. Let me know what you think and do me a favor if you could check my car out (i have a pic on here) and check to see if anyone wants to buy it. i also have neons a fully built 2.4L MIVEC engine and several other upgrades including body upgrades as well write back soon talk to you later bro

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am trying to install a pioneer navigation system in my 04 lancer oz rally, and dont know what color/where the "speed detection circuit lead" to detect the speed of the car for the nav system. can anyone help??

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
The Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) is located under the hood at connector B-04 (see attached digram). The wire coming off the VSS that goes in to the Engine Control Module (ECM) is Black with a yellow stripe (see attached electrical diagram).

Hope that helps.

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
i've ended up just hooking it up to a switch that i've mounted in the centre dash console... too much mucking around with stuff i'm not ready to replace just yet! :)
Nice car mate! don't think i'd have much luck selling it... y'know, being on the other side of the world and all.... but seeing as Mitsu- Australia have only just decided to bring out the 2.4l in Australia, Ralliarts are a bit of a rarity.

I'll take some photo's over the weekend and post them up on tuesday (monday is a public holiday in OZ.) Cheers for all you help, greatly appreciated.

Davebo.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts