Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, some background info. I have a 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE. Lovely car. Right now it sits at 139k miles and runs great. Last october, a huge truck ran a red light and hit me. Front passenger side. Insurance said it would cost more than the car's worth to fix it so they totaled it. It was officially paid off one month after the accident.. Yeah. So anyways. Had it checked and thankfully minor frame damage and mostly cosmetic. Front fender, bumper, and hood had to be replaced and painted. The body shop that did this for me also "stretched" and "repaired" the frame damage they saw, claiming they also reinforced it. It came out of the shop looking amazing. Only problem was, there were a few lights on the dash. Service engine, ABS, and tire light. I've been to 8 different shops as of right now.. So far I've heard wheel speed sensor, catalytic converter needs to be replaced because it's burned out, cat needs to be replaced because it's clogged, some solenoid needs replacing. And a few others said they had no idea what the code was. I even took it to the dealership. They told me it was a wheel speed sensor issue and that the cat was clogged. Took it to an exhaust shop today and they test drove it, ran codes, did other stuff. They said the cat is fine.. But whatever was setting the code they couldn't help with. The code was P01773. No one seems to know what that is. I've gotten so many different answers. After spending $3k I just wanna know what's wrong with it. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge with this code? My car runs fine. Brakes are fine. Tires maintain optimal pressure. But no one can get the lights to turn off.. Please help

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had my rear right wheel speed sensor replaced and it made the abs light turn off. Guy at the shop said I need to hurry and get inspection before it comes back on.. So was that not the issue?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also. Apparently the new tires and rims I acquired don't have a TPS in them. So the car is throwing a fault light (low tire light) because there's no way to keep track of the pressure system without me having to manually check it with a gauge. Tire shop said as long as I keep an eye on the tires and make sure none are flat, I shouldn't need to get replacement tires or sensors installed. Just ignore the light. That somehow doesn't sit right with me..

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't know man but I just tore out my M/T of my 03 Lancer and try to smash bell housing open because I didn't know that there was another star-bolt and a big ol C-ring. $60 Input shaft bearing turned into $600 new transmission. Lost my cool. Don't loose yours. My speed sensor was fine, but half the bearing retainer cage separator was a fine metal mash.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know man but I just tore out my M/T of my 03 Lancer and try to smash bell housing open because I didn't know that there was another star-bolt and a big ol C-ring. $60 Input shaft bearing turned into $600 new transmission. Lost my cool. Don't loose yours. My speed sensor was fine, but half the bearing retainer cage separator was a fine metal mash.
Omg dude! Lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts